It was getting hard to see the remaining things, so here’s a trimmed list.
- Pre-pickup prep
Move all items from current storage to bigger unit. in progress Clean up and cancel rental on old unit. in progress
- Backprime all the siding.
- Finish cleaning up windows and doors.
- Learn learn learn!
Continue to obtain and store materials.
- Organize all the materials out of the way for the assembly phase.
- Pick-up day – go to Dixon to pick up April 29!
- Verify load.
- Secure load.
- Park load in the work area.
- Prep for assembly. To include FOOD and BEVERAGES.
- Assembly day, May 7 – assemble! Hoping to have several friends helping with this.
- Roof coat.
- Electrical rough-in, to include wiring for water pump, which comes after Jamboree.
- House wrap – need an extra pair of hands here.
- Furring strips.
- Windows and door – need an extra pair of hands for this.
- Rough in the tongue box and whatever services will be housed there.
- Exterior trim.
- Finish electrical.
- Arrange for electrical inspection.
- Interior trim.
Tyvek and corresponding tape Heavy gauge wire for mains and battery Boxes for switches and outlets Switch for water pump Battery box – build or buy Battery cutoff switch Terminal strip for DC connections
- Wiremold – white for interior, possibly another color for exterior marker lights
- Weensy screws for paneling
- Sealant compatible with Tyvek
- Fish rod set – it doesn’t have to glow in the dark.
- 1 1/8″ or 1 3/16″ drill bit or hole saw to make the hole for USB sockets
- 2 7/8″ hole saw for power inlet
- 4″ hole saw for running electrical
Forgot what gauge of heavy gauge wire I need for mains and battery. Look it up again. Do I need to use a sealant behind my furring strips so that when I screw them in, there’s a seal at the screw?
- Still need weensy screws for paneling, may need to wait until after kit arrives to confirm OSB depth. I want to attach paneling but not do too much penetrating of the substrate.
- Need to plan out precise eventual locations of:
- Electrical panel
- Battery box with battery
- Propane tank
- Fresh water tank and pump
- Gray water tank
- Find out how to add marker lamps to trailer electric from tow vehicle.
- Special flashing for the top edges of the end fascia boards, possibly also side fascia.
- Plan how to insulate and box the wheel wells on the inside.
- Revisit the water heater question.
- Figure out water inlets.