Things are starting to come together!
I go to pick up the Artisan Tiny House kit in California on April 29.
Two boxes of accessories for assembly are on their way here now.
The assembly day party is tentatively set for May 7.
- T&G siding
- GacoRoof (they don’t make Rustic anymore, settled for Gray)
- Scroll saw (Gingerbread, anyone?)
- Compound miter saw
Went to Habitat to get some of those so-plentiful spindles and they were all gone. I don’t know if there will be more anytime soon or if I need to do something different. Shall I learn to chamfer?
Also need to clean up the reclaimed windows and door. They’re dirty and the windows still have caulk stuck on.
I probably do want some kind of light fixture outside the front door, but I have very little depth to work with. Hmmm …
I had a wrong number call a couple of mornings ago. Didn’t think much about it until after I hung up, but then realized he’d said he’s an electrical contractor. God thing maybe?
Got a good lead on assembly location. There’s a storage place in Provo that has warehouse sized units with power and heat that can be used as workshops. I have an inquiry in right now.
- Stainless steel 1 1/4″ or 1 1/2″ screws for siding – approximately 952 of them
- 1 5/8″ screws for furring strips – approximately 476 of them
- 1/4″ screws for paneling – haven’t calculated yet
- Screws for trim – haven’t calculated this either
- Lumber for exterior trim
- Spindles: 36
- Caulking gun
- Construction adhesive/liquid nails
- Rent or borrow hole saw
- Need to make 4″ holes
- CO & smoke detector – battery operated
- Ventilation system
- 4 scissor jacks
- Jack pads
- Motorcycle rack
- Interior trim